Washington Doctor Launches Skincare Line With First Organic Protien, Sericin Silk, That Helps Prevent Skin Cancer and Gives Skin A Youthful Radiant Appearance
Dr. Justin Piasecki at the Forefront on the Science Behind Youthful-looking Skin
GIG HARBOR, Washington (May, 2014) – In an effort to address the leading cause of cancer in the United States, skin cancer, Dr. Justin Piasecki, the foremost expert in skin health and facial cosmetics, has developed Piasecki MD. Piasecki MD is the first skincare line specifically formulated from scratch by a physician board certified in facial plastic reconstructive surgery that creates a radiant and youthful appearance while at the same time helps to prevent skin cancer development. Utilizing a unique organic protein known as sericin silk, Piasecki MD’s cleanser gently removes dead skin cells without disrupting the skin’s pH balance or stripping away its natural oils and emollients. This enables the skin to feel rejuvenated, and look healthier and more youthful. Other products in the Piasecki MD line include a morning moisturizer and evening moisturizer.
According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, skin cancer is the leading form of cancer in the United States, with more than 2 million people diagnosed each year. It has also been proven that the sun causes approximately 90 percent of the visible changes adults see in their skin as they get older. “As people age, they become more susceptible to skin damage that can be caused by overexposure to the sun, poor nutrition, or other external factors, and what I do is try and introduce patients to natural methods that help keep their skin looking fresh and youthful,” said Dr. Piasecki, a board certified plastic surgeon and founder of Harbor Plastic Surgery Center in Gig Harbor, Washington. “This skincare line was designed with the simple goal of improving upon products already on the market, and gives women and men the opportunity to cleanse their skin in a less traumatic and less harmful manner.”
In order to help patients reduce the risk of skin cancer and avoid skin damage, Dr. Piasecki offers the following tips:
- Wear sunscreen every day – As the sun can accelerate the aging of skin, it is important to wear sunblock with at least a 30 SPF on all skin areas that are exposed to the sun.
- Avoid peak hours – If at all possible, avoid direct exposure to the sun during the peak UV radiation hours, which is usually between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Protect yourself – Select clothing and accessories (i.e. hats, sunglasses, etc.) that provide UV protection and cover up skin when outdoors.
- Perform self-examinations – Perform regular self-examinations to detect any irregularities or deformities of the skin.
As a physician and scientist, Dr. Piasecki was extremely knowledgeable about what were the best and most appropriate ingredients to include in the skincare line. Using his wife, Jill, as his initial tester, Dr. Piasecki utilized the knowledge and expertise he gained in biology, organic chemistry, and physiology from Stanford University and Vanderbilt University to create Piasecki MD.
Scientifically based and specifically formulated for the skin, Piasecki MD products include:
- A cleanser designed specifically for cleaning the skin, as opposed to other soap-based cleansing products that can also be used to clean a car or tabletop.
- A moisturizer equipped with sunscreen and three other protective layers from the sun that helps to prevent skin cancer and other visible signs of aging.
- A night cream that is scientifically based and includes only the ingredients supported by science to help reduce the inflammation caused by environmental and physical stress, the appearance of fine lines, and brown, blotchy color unevenness.
Dr. Piasecki is dedicated to providing patients with products that would both prevent skin cancer and give skin a beautiful, healthy-looking appearance. Scheduled to launch in March 2014, proceeds from the sale of Piasecki MD products will be donated to support opportunities for children. The products will be available at www.piaseckimd.com and can be sold as a fundraiser by schools, athletic teams, or other non-profit organizations that benefit children.
A graduate of Stanford University and Vanderbilt Medical School, Dr. Piasecki has been treating patients at Harbor Plastic Surgery Center for the past five years. Earning his certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and the American Board of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Piasecki is the only board certified plastic surgeon in Gig Harbor, Washington. He is also the pioneer of an innovative, two-pronged treatment known as plastic micrographic surgery, where skin cancer can be removed and the wound cosmetically repaired in the same visit. Dr. Piasecki received his formal training in Mohs micrographic surgery from the University of British Columbia.
About Harbor Plastic Surgery Center
Located in Gig Harbor, Washington, Harbor Plastic Surgery Center is a small, boutique practice that prides itself on providing the highest level of care and service to its patients. The practice specializes in breast and body contouring, facial cosmetic surgery, minimally invasive procedures, and Mohs surgery. In addition to his duties at Harbor Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Justin Piasecki also directs the internationally-acclaimed Skin Cancer Center and the Medicare Certified Operating Room, accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). For additional information, please visit www.harborplasticsurgerycenter.com.